Art Gallery Paintings
Louis Hall's Writings Ganienkeh Newsletter
Warrior Society Newsletter
Rebuilding The Iroquois ajhConfederacy
The Great Law (English)
The Great Law (Mohawk)
Family Louis Hall Biography
Comments Contact Me
Links Main Page
MOHAWK TEN COMMANDMENTS1. BE BRAVE AND FEARLESS as there can be no peace on earth for those who are in fear.
2. BE STRONG In this hard cruel world, only the strong may know peace and happiness. To be weak is to invite aggression, oppression, tyranny, misery and woe.
3. FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS for only those who fight for it can achieve human rights and respect. There is a right and wrong way to fight. Always propose to fight in a clever way for he who fights in a clever way is equal to a thousand men.
4. MAINTAIN A STRONG NATIONAL INDEPENDENCE AND SOVEREIGNTY UNDER THE GREAT LAW OF PEACE - GAYANEREKOWA and let your slogan be PEACE, RIGHTEOUSNESS AND POWER for not one of these is possible without the other two. Let no power abolish your nation.
5. MAINTAIN YOUR OWN NATIONAL INITIATIVE and let no other nation control your destiny. Respect Nature's first law of SELF-PRESERVATION AND STOP ANY TRAITOR SEEKING TO DESTROY YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE for any nation which ignores this law stands condemned to extinction.
6. DEVELOP THE SPIRIT OF COOPERATION that your nation can rely completely on its own efforts. To become a competitive state is to create tensions, strife, panic, frenzy, fear, hate, bigotry, weakness and divisions.
7. THINK RIGHT SO THAT YOU SHALL DO RIGHT AND BE RIGHT for only the purely justice-minded can achieve peace and happiness for all.
8. RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS that your own rights may be respected. These rights include the right to live and be free, the right to a nationality, territory, government, possessions, freedom of speech, to think and believe as one sees fit, human rights and to the pursuit of peace and happiness.
9. ACQUIRE WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORLD FOR ONLY UNDERSTANDING AMONG ALL PEOPLE WILL ELIMINATE WARS. Let there be a special course of study on the subject of devising a proper moral government and that people be trained to operate this very important device to ensure the peace and happiness of mankind. That a study be included to produce a most worthy economic system to eliminate poverty, misery and wretchedness. Let only those who pass a most rigid test on the subjects of government and economic knowledge be allowed to run governments and nations.
10. ACQUIRE ADVANCED HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS. Human birth is an act of Nature and all humanity is equally subject to Nature's law of death. No one has the right of lordship over others. The more able only have the right to help those less able; the appointed leaders of governments only have the right to be the voice and will of the people that all may share the bounties of Nature and know peace and happiness.